Friday, September 21, 2012

Week 03 - The PANTRY!!!!


One of the many reasons I fell in love with this house was the pantry.  I went from a small hard to use pantry to a glorious space that is not too big and not too small and for us is just right.

I eventually will be changing the way I have it but for now, it is functional and organized and I love how easy it is to find everything.  My goal is to get more of the Better Homes and Gardens Flip-Tite Storage Containers in all shapes and sizes.  You can see the 4-piece Storage Set shown in my photos at the following link:  BH&G Flip-Tite 4-Piece Storage Set


Pantry Before


Pantry Before


Pantry Before


Pantry Before


Grocery trip the day that I was working on the pantry resulted in items hanging out on the counter tops for a bit until I was done :)


Pantry After: 
Reorganized all the baskets, threw out items that were expired and moved things around a bit


Our pantry also houses our trash cans - black is for trash, tan is for recycling.  
I am working on labels for them now.


Probably one of my favorite new things in my pantry are theses spice racks that we mounted in the open space.  I got these at IKEA and painted them white.  

The jars I actually took from an old fashioned spice rack, donated the actual rack to goodwill and then took the jars and frosted the tops and added labels to the jar to show what spices were in them.  I also wrote on the backs of these with a dry erase marker the date the spice expires.  

I love the way these turned out and re-purposed what I had so I didn't have any extra cost.



I knew I wanted a quote in the pantry and this one that I found online is perfect!



One thing we are purchasing this year will be a buffet table for the dining room.  Once we have it in place, all of the paper products in the baskets on the top shelves will be moved into the buffet which will open up the top shelf for other items.

I am already getting more and more of the Flip Tite storage containers from Walmart and have started moving other items into them (new chip container is shown above).  My goal is to get all of my dry goods out of boxes and into these containers and slowly replace the baskets.

I hope you enjoyed the look into my pantry.  It is very functional for us and we use it daily so it's always good to go back in and straighten up and organize it every once in a while.  I have now put this on a rotation schedule monthly to keep things moving and used and help eliminate loss of food.

If you haven't already joined the organization challenge, I encourage you to do so.  You can join at any time, start on the week we are currently on and then catch up with the other weeks you already missed.  

Next week is the Office!


abfolbutton

No comments:

Post a Comment