Friday, September 14, 2012

Week 02 - Garage Organization

Week two in the Organization challenge has found me a bit stressed. With having recently moved, the garage is a mess!!! It has most of the boxes that still need to be moved in, we went from having a garage and a shed to having just a garage so there is a lot more items needing to be stored in the garage as well. I have decided that this will be an ongoing work in progress as I cannot simply finish it right now due to time and budget constraints.

 Here are the before pictures:

A view from the kitchen doorway

A view of the wall with the existing shelving

From the outside looking in:



Overhead shelving:


Work in progress, first set of "after" shots:

View from the kitchen doorway

Outside looking in..Look to the right against the wall, there are a TON of paint cans that will be going away in the future that was left by the previous home owners.  We want to dispose of these in a safe way.  Behind the paint cans are about six to seven boxes of books we are going to donate.

Shelves above.  The shelf on the left has all the holiday decorations which will be reorganized during each holiday and repackaged into different totes to eliminate clutter and some boxes.  The shelf on the right has camping and beach gear along with the coolers.


This is the wall with the existing shelves and will become my overflow side with my bulk items that I get like paper towels, baggies, soda, water, etc.


So there you have it...my garage is not entirely finished but after 12 hours of working in it, you can already see a huge improvement :)
abfolbutton

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! You've made a HUGE difference!! Our garage is not attached to the house - it is across the yard (someone didn't plan very well and it wasn't me!), so enjoy the convenience for me!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much :) I can't wait until it is 100% done, but we are thrilled with the way we can now move around in the garage and have even been able to build things again which is great. Eventually the back wall hopefully will have a workbench for us to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. Isn't it amazing what 12 hours can do in one space! I'm in the challenge also and just did about the same amount of time in it yesterday. I still have a far way to go!

    ReplyDelete